Chicken Hatchery List
Our chicken hatchery list has been compiled from recommendations from friends, family and readers. We do not have personal experience ordering from all listed. Please compare and read about each hatchery before you order.
Most Common Hatcheries
- Murray McMurray- Iowa, if we order from a hatchery we use McMurray. We have had good luck, they are pleasant and replace DOA chicks.
- Meyer Hatchery Ohio – Meyer is our second go to, I like that early in the season they always let you know exactly what is available and when.
- Cackle Hatchery– Missouri, seems to always have coupon codes and deals going on. Huge selection. Website is a bit “noisey”, could be more user friendly.
- Mt. Healthy- Ohio, usually has a minimum order and no free shipping. Runs specials like “bonus chicks”
- WELP Hatchery– Iowa, Welp seems to always have free shipping, but there is a minimum and stipulations.
- My Pet Chicken -Connecticut , great prices on started pullets so you can skip raising from chick if you want.
- eFowl- seems to be a drop ship company, I see that they have chicks listed from other sites. Their “free shipping” isn’t actually free if you break it down.
- Ideal Poultry – Texas – categories clear and broken down for ease of use. Prices seem excellent.
Other hatcheries , either smaller or farm style.
- Belt Hatchery- California
- Hoovers – Iowa
- Schlect – Iowa
- Strombergs – Minnesota
- Hoffman – Pennsylvania
- Decorah – Iowa
- Estes – Missouri
- Privett – New Mexico
Read our review of Murray McMurray Hatchery , we have had personal experience purchasing various breeds from them over the years and recommend trying them out. Plus there is a little bonus in it for you find out what it is here